Classes * amazon.com *
[ archive ]
[ advertising space : webmaster ]
How to Read a FilmSubscribe to Open Class @ 200x Aesthetics
Film Directing * flickr.com/groups/stage *
Fall 2003: THR413 * Playscript Analysis Textbook:
Go to film.vtheatre.net
Name __________________ [ sample ]
2. What is Semiotics?
3. What is "iconic sign"? Give an example.
4. What is the function of CUs (Close-up shots)?
5. What do we call a polyphonic principle? Use "Pulp Fiction" to illustrate your points.
6. What is the Eisenstein's major contribution to film?
7. What is a counter-point and how does it apply to sound in film?
8. Describe the difference between image and symbol.
9. What are the main themes and conflict in "God-Father"?
10. Where is the climatic scene in "A Streetcar Named Desire"?
11. What is the Seventh Age of film?
12. What is subjectibe time? Give an example.
13. Write one page (max) mini-essay, comparing use of dream techniques by Fillini, Bergman and Kurosawa.
Thanks. Have a good summer!
©2004 filmplus.org *