Department THR College/School CLA
Prepared by Anatoly Antohin Phone 7754
Proposed Instructor Anatoly Antohin Social Security # 089-64-7293
1. COURSE IDENTIFICATION:
Dept. THR Number 393 No. of Credits 3
Justify upper/lower division status & number of credits:
Requires some knowledge of Theatre and/or Film
2. PROPOSED TITLE: Virtual Theatre
3. DATE OF OFFERING: Spring 2001
Semester/Year or Beginning/Ending Dates
Place to be offered - Theatre UAF
4. COURSE FORMAT: ___1 ___2 ___3 ___4 ___5 weeks
___ 6 weeks to full semester; Full Semester
other format: (specify)
modes of delivery (specify) Lecture/Seminar/Wrokshop
5. CONTACT HOURS PER WEEK: 3 hrs. lecture hrs. lab
other hours: (specify type)
6. BRIEF COURSE DESCRIPTION (50 words or less, if possible):
Please submit course outline (attached).
Application of the new technologies in live performance.
Streaming Video and Webcasting via Internet.
Use of film techniques for stage productions
and for transmission it real time to the Web.
7. GRADING SYSTEM: Letter [ X ] Pass/Fail [ ]
(REQUIRED completion before enrolling in this course) THR121, THR331, THR470
or permission of the instructor
RECOMMENDED: see above
(Strongly encouraged to complete prior to this course)
9. SPECIAL RESTRICTIONS, CONDITIONS:
10. PROPOSED FEES: Lab Fee: Materials Fee:
**NOTE: Approval of fees by VCAS & Provost must be
11. CROSS LISTED? If yes, Dept. No.
(Requires approval of both departments and deans involved.
Add lines at end of form for such signatures.)
12. PREVIOUS HISTORY (offered as special topic course
No Yes If yes, give dates:
13. ESTIMATED IMPACT OF ACTION ON BUDGET, FACILITIES/
SPACE, FACULTY RESOURCES:
14. HAVE YOU REVIEWED WITH THE LIBRARY COLLECTION
DEVELOPMENT OFFICER (DENNIS STEPHENS, 6695) ANY
LIBRARY/MEDIA COLLECTIONS, EQUIPMENT, AND SERVICES
AFFECTED BY THIS PROPOSED ACTION?
Yes [ ] No [ ]
If no, why not?
15. JUSTIFICATION FOR ACTION REQUESTED (attach sheets if
Head, Program/Department of
Chair, College/School Curriculum Council for
Dean, College/School of
Provost (if applicable)
***ALL SIGNATURES MUST BE OBTAINED PRIOR TO SUBMISSION --
Offerings above the level of approved programs must be approved in
advance by the Provost.
Received Registrar's Office