Theatre with Anatoly: Click to View or Add Text.
TOPICS: drama + comedy + postmodern + aesthetics + film analysis + filmmaking + showcases - theatre + spectator + method + biomechanics + acting one + thr w/anatoly + plays +
THR 334 Film & Drama * Classes * METHOD acting * 200X * Film Dir * Books Index * Theatre w/Anatoly * SHOWs * Script Analysis * Acting * Directing * Russian-American Theatre (RAT) * Film-North * Students Directory * VIRTUAL THEATRE
GeoAlaska * Mailing List & News -- subscribe yourself * film + theatre blog *
Exam, Spring 1999, UAF, Anatoly Antohin
[ sample ]
Please give short answers:
1. What is the difference between dramatic and filmic structures?
2. What is Semiotics?
3. What is "iconic sign"? Give an example.
4. What is the function of CUs (Close-up shots)?
5. What do we call a
polyphonic principle? Use "Pulp Fiction" to illustrate your points.
6. What is the Eisenstein's major contribution to film?
7. What is a
counter-point and how does it apply to sound in film?
8. Describe the difference between
image and symbol.
9. What are the main themes and conflict in "God-Father"?
10. Where is the climatic scene in "A Streetcar Named Desire"?
11. What is the
Seventh Age of film?
12. What is
subjectibe time? Give an example.
13. Write one page (max) mini-essay, comparing use of dream techniques by Fillini, Bergman and Kurosawa.
Books List: Film: Click to View or Add Links.
Thanks. Have a good summer!
Tests: Click to View or Add Links.
* home * about * guide * classes * advertise * sponsors * faq * contact * news * forums * mailing list * bookstore * ebooks * search * calendar * games * polls * submit your link * web * shop *
Teaching: Click to View or Add Links.
Open Forums: subscribe!: Click to View or Add Links.
Get Site Info
334 Film Analysis: Click to View Links.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Film History: Click to View Links.
Quotes & Thoughts:
* business: your ad here! *
^ your banner ^ (c)