[ archive ]
[ advertising space : webmaster ]
New UAF students must complete Assessment Form!
Mailing List & News -- subscribe yourself *
How to Read a FilmSubscribe to Open Class @ 200x Aesthetics
Film Directing * flickr.com/groups/stage *
After 2009 : classes.vtheatre.net
Summaryback to Directing 101
1. What is the Triangle Principle (Triangle Shooting)?
2. What is "editing-within-camera"?
3. What is "180 degree" rule?
4. What do we call the "line of tention" (axis or line of interest)?
5. What is a panning shot?
6. What is "jump cut" and when do we use it?
7. What are the cut-away shots (inserts), when and why do we need them?
8. Film Punctuation. Name a few transitions from scene to scene and explain the effects they produce (like "fade out - fade in")
9. When and why do we use moving camera (secondary motion)?
10. When, why and how do we cut after the motion is completed?
11. What does it mean to cut on motion?
12. What is "three-sources lighting"?
©2004 filmplus.org *
in focus: shows
2005-2006 Theatre UAF Season: Four Farces + One Funeral & Godot'06
Film-North * Anatoly Antohin
© 2007 by vtheatre.net. Permission to link to this site is granted. books.google.com + scholar.google.com