[ advertising space : webmaster ]
New UAF students must complete Assessment Form!
Mailing List & News -- subscribe yourself *
How to Read a FilmSubscribe to Open Class @ 200x Aesthetics
Film Directing * flickr.com/groups/stage *
View GuestBook Sign
DVD: Drama & Art House, Studio Specials & Classics, New & Future Releases, Cult Movies
NotesEvaluation a Show (mini-form):
Characters: (list ones your remember)
Conflict (External and Internal):
Plot: (Linear * Epic * Cyclic * Plotless)
Stylistic Features (Concept):
After 2009 : classes.vtheatre.net
Part I. Terminology and Plays1. What are the names of the Chekhov's three sisters?
2. How do you understand the difference between Realism and Naturalism?
3. What is "well-made play"?
4. Who is Gregers?
5. Who is to be married at the end of "The Importance of Being Earnest"?
6. What is the name of Ophelia's brother?
7. What is "verisimilitude"?
8. Who was Stanislavsky?
9. When did Chekhov die?
10. What does constitute the comedy genre?
Part II. Theory"The surest way to destroy a man
Is to turn him into an individual." (Ibsen)
1. How do you understand this statement?
2. Give your definition of the socialsm as a theory.
"The hero is at first a rebel against God of the divine." Freud
3. Please explain it.
Part III. AnalysisSelect a portion of dialogue/monologue from The Three Sisters and explain why do we consider Chekhov as a father of the "new drama" (you might compare Chekhov with other playwrights)
©2004 filmplus.org *
2005-2006 Theatre UAF Season: Four Farces + One Funeral & Godot'06
Film-North * Anatoly Antohin
© 2007 by vtheatre.net. Permission to link to this site is granted. books.google.com + scholar.google.com