2008 acting2 group
... test(s) pages in biomechanics 2
THR221 Intermediate Acting
GeoAlaska: Theatre & Film
Spring 2003: Don Juan
ShowCases: 3 Sisters, Mikado, 12th Night, Hamlet, The Importance of Being Earnest, Dangerous Liaisons, Don Juan
SummaryMore tests will be added later...
One Act Fest
2004 & After
1st Test: THR221 Intermediate Acting
1. What do we call "Acting Cycles"?
2. What is difference between Method Acting and Biomechanics?
3. What is "inner gesture" and "master gesture"?
4. What is "Actor's Text"?
5. Why do we call BM "acting from outside in"?
6. Why Method Acting is called "psychological realism"?
7. What is "Pre-Acting"?
8. What do we call "physicalization"?
9. How do you understand the statement by Meyerhold: "But in essence the talent always experiences a role emotionally, while mediocrity only represent." (203)
10. Describe main "acting areas" in your second monologue. Chech out the questions page for online Acting 101 testing!
See the BM (12night) archives for more tests *1.29.04 THR221 Intermediate Acting UAF, Review test on "5 Approaches to Acting" textbook *@2000-2004 Ant THR *
Name: _____________ 1. What do we call "the Task"?
2. What is "through-line"?
3. How do you understand the super-task in playing Hamlet?
4. Define the term "obstacle":
5. What is "psychological realism"?
6. What theatre was established by Stanislavsky?
7. What are the connection between Method Acting and Freud?
8. What do we call "episodic acting"?
9. Describe the concept of the "4th Wall":
10. Who is Brecht and what are his contributions to theatre theory?Monologue Analysis:Questions? See you in class!DOCTOR. The devil take them all... damn them all. They think I'm a doctor, that I can treat all sorts of complaints, and I really know nothing about it, I've forgotten all I did know, I remember nothing, absolutely nothing. The devil take them. Last wednesday I treated a woman -- she died, and it's my fault that she died. Yes... I did know something twenty-five years ago, but now I remember nothing, nothing. Perhaps I'm not a man at all but only pretend to have arms and legs and head; perhaps I don't exist at all and only imagine that I walk around, eat and sleep [weeps]. Oh, if only I didn't exist! [Stops weeping, morosely] I don't care! I don't care a scrap! [a pause] Who the hell knows.... The day before yesterday there was a conversation at the club: they talked about Shakespeare, Voltaire.... I've read nothing, nothing at all, but I looked as though I'd read them. And the others did the same as I did. The vulgarity! The meanness! And that woman I killed on Wednesday came back to my mind... and it all came back to my mind and everything seemed nasty, disgusting and all twisted in my soul.... I went and got drunk... (3 Sisters)Post your answers to BM class list!
©2004 filmplus.org * * home * about * guide * classes * advertise * faq * contact * news * forums * mailing list * bookstore * ebooks * search * calendar * submit your link * web * you may link to any page in my sites Get Site Info 2007 : http://groups-beta.google.com/group/directing + http://groups-beta.google.com/group/acting2
Virtual Theatre: Stage, Film, Web = Future Forms, Theatre of One, the SpectActor!
An online course supplement * 2005-2006 Theatre UAF Season: Four Farces + One Funeral & Godot'06
Film-North * Anatoly Antohin * eCitations *
(c)anatoly : filmstudy.org & vtheatre.net
igoogle.com | my.yahoo.com | my.live.com | my.msn.com CALIGARI'09 groups.yahoo.com/group/vtheatre/cal CAST calendar [ Anatoly's calendar : web-events & LUL news ]